Treat your taste buds this festive season with this recipe prepared by Chef Ruchira Hoon
Samak ke chawal washed and soaked in water for 30 minutes
ghee or clarified butter
Prahna turmeric powder
|ginger paste||1.5 ginger paste|
|cinnamon sticks||1 inch|
|green cardamom pods||4|
1. In a pan heat ghee and add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf and cardamom pods. Stir until fragrant.
2. Add ginger paste and stir fry for 1 min.
3. Add in the turmeric and stir until the raw smell dissipates about 15 seconds.
4. Add in all the water along with salt and sugar.
5. Drain the samak ka chawal and add to the pan. Stir well.
6. Reduce the heat and cover with a lid and let it cook until the water is completely absorbed.
7. Meanwhile fry the cashews and raisins in some ghee and keep aside.
8. Once the samak is cooked, use two forks to fluff it. Transfer into a bowl. And add the fried cashews and raisins and serve.