Let the festive season begin on the healthiest note with the most appetizing recipe prepared by Vijay Thapliyal - Executive Chef, at The Lodhi, New Delhi
|Roasted Makhana||80 gm|
|Fresh Tomato||100 gm|
|Cashew Nut||30 gm|
|Green Chilli||4 gm|
|Sendha Namak||To Taste|
|Cumin Powder||2 gm|
|Turmeric Powder||1 gm|
|Desi Ghee||40 ml|
|Fresh Cream||20 ml|
|Fresh Coriander||For Garnish|
- Take half quantity of ghee in a pan and when it gets warm, add phool makhana. Roast over very low flame till it gets crunchy. Remove from the flame, transfer to a plate and keep aside.
- Boil cashew nuts and make smooth paste in grinder.
- Make separate raw tomato puree and green chili paste in blender.
- Add ghee to the pan and when it gets warm, add tomato puree and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Now add green chili paste, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Add cashew nut paste, sendha namak, and check for seasoning.
- Now add phool makhana and cook again for 2-3 minutes, or till makhana became soft.
- Check for seasoning, garnish with fresh cream and coriander. Serve hot with kuttu ki puri.